1. I can't figure out if it's in-dentured, or en-dentured and I want to transmorgify this word into a noun, but spell check refuses to help....
2. Was this still going on in 1790?
3. My character is named Mary Colleen. She's in my story MacBryant's Folly, http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2533846/1/ . She needs to arrive in Hampton Roads Virginia in 1790 for my story to match up as a prequel for Voices of Orchard Mountain. Her father basically sells her and her siblings to pay for bad debts on his failed tavern. When I first thought of this plot, I had it set pre-revolutionary war, but I want to change the time frame and I'm having troubles.
4. Would mail order bride work better?
5. I've had a hell of time finding anything more than scant tax records for this period, even though my home town was first settle in 1778 and my story is supposed to happen up here in the hills of Virginia, along the banks pf the New River. If any one can share some links or other on-line resources, it would be much appreciated.6/19/2008 #1
|Forum Moderators: lX Carpe Diem Xl|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|