Open Territory
Need more reviews? Just post your story here! And share ideas!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Creeper61608

Fairy Names Pronunciation

(in the order of appearance)

**Miluiel

(Mil-wee-ell)

**Caladhiel

(Kah-lah-thee-ell)

Suiadan (Soo-ee-ah-dahn)

**Estelwen

(Ehs-tell-wehn)

**Faeron

(Fie-ronn)

**Neurion

(Nur-ee-on)

**Athradien

(Ahth-rahd-ee-ehn)

**Rhassbaradhon

(Rahs-bar-ah-thonn)

Revion (Rehv-ee-on)

Preface

I wouldn’t have a story to tell if it weren’t for my two best friends, Miluiel and Caladhiel. As unintentional as they were, they changed everything and everyone. At the worst moment, I was angry at them. No…furious! Enraged! But my wonderful, beautiful best friends…Miluiel with her glittery blond hair and soft brown eyes, Caladhiel with her sparkly brown hair and her laughing green eyes. I don’t know what my life would be without them…

Chapter One

Miluiel burst out laughing, her peach wings quivering. “Humans are so strange! I mean, what is it doing?” She gestured to the human pulling a tall plastic square to the end of their driveway.

I leaned forward, sniffing intently. “I don’t know, but whatever they are pulling smells bad.”

“Maybe it’s just you, Estelwen.” Caladhiel snickered.

“Ugh!” I shoved her off the branch that we were sitting on. “I get no respect.” I sighed. Caladhiel flew up in front of me, still smiling.

“Shh, you guys! Watch!” Suiadan, Miluiel’s brother, cried. His green wings twitched in anticipation. “We’re supposed to be studying these humans so we can ace our test in school tomorrow!”

“How about you study the humans and then give us the answers? That way we can both do what we want to do!” Miluiel suggested, Suiadan growled at her as I flitted over to him.

“Besides, even if you said no, you would give us the answers later.” I giggled.

“Why would I do that?” He asked, eyeing me.

“Because you love us.”

He grunted in reply.

“Hey! Let’s play that human game! Uhm, what’s it called again? Oh, Tooth or Bear!” Miluiel said eagerly.

“It’s Truth or Dare, you idiot.” Suiadan muttered.

“Thank you, brother.” She kissed him on top of the head. He grunted again.

“I’ll go first.” Caladhiel cried, flying around in circles, her silvery wings beating excitedly.

“Truth or Dare?” I questioned, settling down next to Suiadan.

“Uhm, uhm, uhm.” She inhaled deeply, exhaling through her nose. “I don’t know!”

“Pick one!” Miluiel exclaimed.

“Uhm, uhm, dare!” Caladhiel chose.

“Okay, I dare you to…” Miluiel glanced around. “To fly to that plastic square and back!”

“That’ll be easy! You’re next, Estelwen.” Caladhiel called over her shoulder as she darted away.

“Great.” I said sarcastically, something I had picked up from the younger humans.

“She better not be seen.” Suiadan grumbled, staring at Caladhiel’s tiny body grazing the top of the green grass that covered the human’s yard.

“Shh, Suiadan. Go back to your studies.” Miluiel told him.

“Exactly! We all should be --”

“Shut up!” I cried, slapping my hand over his mouth. We all watched Caladhiel daintily touch the plastic square and race back.

“Ew!” She shrieked. “It smells horrible! Worse than Suiadan’s feet!” We all cracked up, even Suiadan.

“Now Estelwen!” Miluiel grinned. “What should the great daredevil of all time do?”

“It don’t care. Whatever it is will be a piece of cake” I pretended to yawn.

“I got it!” Caladhiel said suddenly.

“What is it? What is it?” Miluiel asked eagerly.

“Estelwen,” Caladhiel glanced at me, smiling darkly, “Has to go through one of the windows and get a human utensil and bring it back to show us.”

“No.” Suiadan whispered. I gaped at her. Even Miluiel was stunned. “That’s crazy! No.” Suiadan repeated.

“I’m gonna do it.” A smile spread over my face.

“No! You can’t! What if you’re seen?” Suiadan asked.

“Oh, c’mon be serious! Estwelwen’s only 3 inches tall!” Miluiel snorted, quickly recovering.

“No! I won’t let her! Even if I have to hold her down!”

“Ooh, dirty!” Caladhiel giggled. Suiadan glared at her.

“You…don’t…say…anything.” He seethed.

“Settle down, Suiadan! Honestly, I’ll be in and out before you know it.” I assured him getting up from the branch.

“Then I’m going with you.” He replied, getting up as well. I glowered at him.

“I’m not a child! I’m 15, for goodness sake!” I cried, catching glances from Miluiel and Caladhiel. “Miluiel, Caladhiel, hold him. I’ll be back soon.” They grabbed Suiadan’s arms as I beat my wings hard, zooming across the lawn. The wind on my face felt lovely as my adventure began.

Chapter Two

I landed on the open window sill when I heard shouting behind me. I turned around and saw Suiadan flying towards me, with Miluiel and Caladhiel racing after him.

“Estelwen, get back here! Go away from there! Right now!” He barked.

“Be quiet! The humans might here you!” I called desperately, glancing behind me.

“I don’t care! Let’s go!” He breathed as he came down next to me.

“Just let me get that spoon! It’s only a couple of feet away.” I nodded to a spoon resting on the edge of a sink.

“No.”

“Please.” I pleaded, looking up into his brown eyes. He glared at me for a moment and then sighed.

“Okay. Hurry. Go. Now.” He said, rubbing his eyes. I jumped agilely down onto the smooth marble surface and hid behind a large jar. I peeked around it and studied the room. There was a table, a couple of chairs, and some strange looking containers but no humans. I tiptoed over to the spoon and tried to lift it up. It didn’t budge. I sank to my knees and pushed hard. It moved a millimeter, then a centimeter. I kept pushing until it was by the window.

“Suiadan.” I hissed. No reply “Suiadan!” I hissed louder. Then I heard rustling at the back of the room. I froze and turned my head slowly. There was a boy sitting at the table, reading a book. I crouched behind the faucet. Thankfully, the boy hadn’t noticed anything. I heard a human from another room yell something to him.

“Okay, okay!” He yelled back. He started getting up and crossing the room, heading straight for me. My heart thumped against my chest and I shut my eyes tightly. I felt a breeze over my head and I flinched closer to the faucet. I heard a loud THUMP! I opened one eye and saw the boy had closed the window. I sucked in a breath as quietly as I could. How was I to get out? I could go to another room and fly out one of the windows there, but would I take the risk of being seen? I nodded to myself. Yes I would. All that mattered now was to get out. I opened both eyes now and surveyed the room. The boy had left so I could move around without being seen. I stepped out from behind the faucet and darted across the counter. I peeked over the edge. The ground seemed so far away. I took a deep breath, jumped and landed lithely on my feet. I ran over to the tall empty square on the wall. What did Suiadan call it? Oh, a doorway! I thought to myself as peered around the corner. This room was empty but the windows in this room were also closed. I sighed and sidled the wall. I slid over a large vent and a blast of cool air came up. My short, blue dress rippled as the air rose. I trotted across the rest of the vent and hid behind a chair. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I can do this, I told myself. I’m Estelwen, the daredevil. I smiled and opened my eyes. That’s when I heard a hiss. I turned to my left and there was a cat. I sighed again. This better be a joke, I thought bitterly. I backed away slowly as the cat’s yellow-green eyes followed my every movement.

“Nice kitty.” I whispered. “Good kitty.” It’s ears twitched but the cat didn’t move from it’s stance. I gulped and glanced behind me. There was bookcase! Maybe I could fly up to the top ledge! I would have to do it quick, though. I counted to three in my head 1...2...3! I whipped around and dashed across the carpet. I heard the cat race after me so I beat my wings hard. As I flew up to the ledge, I could feel the cat batting it’s paws at me.

8/18/2008 #1
Forum Moderators: LWH
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member