Digital Play
Talk about videogame culture, favorite games, game mechanics, and games as a narrative form.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Will Sachiksy
I'm going to leave this topic open to a few statements before I give my opinion.
4/17/2007 #1
Bri Neves
Yes.

I believe that anything that you can create by using your creativity, imagination, and skill can be a form of art. Writing, music, visual art, rhetoric, dancing, computer design, film, theatre...ect. It’s all art to me. Unmistakably, they are different, but behind them, there is similar purpose. Videogames fit my criteria for the definition of art. Art, contrary to the views of some others, doesn’t always entail picking up a paintbrush.

4/21/2007 #2
concerto49
Yeah, I agree.

Well, many people spend a lot of time creating these video games. There are scripts, artworks, and everything else. It's probably more than an art in many ways. *The art of video games* Well perhaps some games that practically don't have creative drawings and some proper storyline where you just complte missions aren't as much, but in general yes.

7/26/2007 #3
Forum Moderators: Will Sachiksy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member