Author has written 8 stories for Fantasy, Historical, and Thriller.
Hi! I'm an aspiring writer from the humid, bug-infested (but beautiful) forests of north Georgia - previously known as Wildwood and then Taryn McKay, and also known as Tathar on fanfiction.net and Elevenses at LiveJournal. I'm a Christian and a homeschooler currently scrambling to keep up with my senior year of high school. Most of the stories here are now a year or so old, and some I was forced to drop for the time being. I would love to pick them up again in the near future, but it will depend on the amount of free time I will have between school, work, and other projects, so I apologize for leaving you hanging!!
But to those who are new to my stories are have continued to stick around despite my bad updating habits, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! I hope you enjoy what you find. Please do let me know, either way:)
UPDATE, 1/2/07: Oh my GOSH I cannot believe it has been nearly two years since I updated this profile. Urk. O_o My apologies, once again, for disappearing for so long. As I near graduation I will really have to devote a lot of time to finishing up my remaining subjects, and as I am currently looking for part-time employment as well, my freetime will continue to be scarce. However, writing remains my passion so I will never give up on any of my stories entirely.
On another note, I am considering creating a LiveJournal community for my story, "The Once and Never Prince," as it is not only the most popular, but also the one I have recently gotten back into. The community would have all sorts of goodies, like previews of upcoming chapters, character bios, perhaps a bit of art... plus anything else I can come up with. :P Would anyone be interested? If so, please either PM, email, or leave a review and let me know!
~ Tirra Lirra
1. The King's Challenge (posted) - working on Chapter Three; about 1/3 of the way finished. Currently on hold and in need of revision. (Due to my own horror upon rereading old chapters. :shudder:)
2. All the King's Horses (posted) - working on Chapter Two and outline. Currently on hold.
3. A Lieutenant's Christmas - planned out. Peter Smythe and Nathaniel Fuller return - as young Lieutenants recently transferred from their old ship, the Valiant. They find that their new Captain might not be as heroic as he seems. Currently on hold.
4. The Raven's Shadow - (mentally-)planned out, chapter one finished. Working on Chapter Two and outline. Set: fantasy realm. After a brutal civil war that pitted father against son and brother against brother, a young wanderer known as Raven tries to escape the dark past that continues to haunt his footsteps. Currently on hold.
5. The Once and Never Prince - planned out. new, 1/2/07: Resurrected!! Chapters 1-3 heavily revised, and chapter four is nearly finished.
6. Firefly Summer - planned out, Chapter One 1/4-1/3 way finished. Set: present day. A bright 16-year-old homeschooled boy named Daniel befriends a seemingly gruff, bad-tempered old man and spends a memorable summer with him. Currently on hold.
7. Fidelis (series) - planned out, Chapter One of Book One1/2 way finished. Set: 1830's-40's, possibly later. Angelo di Lucio and his friend Thomas Bowright are the Van Helsings of their day. However, it's not vampires that they seek, but demons. Or, as in the case of Book One, supposed ghosts haunting a remote Georgia town. Currently on hold.
8.As the Raven Flies (working title) - planned out, Chapter One 3/4 way finished. Set: Wales, England; 17th-18th century. Orphans 10-year-old Rhys and his blind 15-year-old brother Martin travel across Wales and England in search of the grandfather they've never known, with only their dying mother's words and a family crest to guide them. New, 10/31/05: chapter one posted!!
9. Men of Honour (working title - manga series) - planned out, working on Chapter One. A manga series that follows the life of a 13-year-old midshipman in His Majesty's Navy during the Napoleonic Wars. Still in the mental-planning stage. Currently on hold.
1. A Midshipman's Christmas - posted!
2. new, 1/13/04 Three is Company - posted! (To be updated and expanded eventually.)
7/7/04: I just wanted to let you all know that I am beginning the continuation of "A Midshipman's Christmas", but it is turning out not at all the way I planned. Look for "A Lieutenant's Christmas" to be posted soon:)
7/28/04 - as you have no doubt noticed by now, my updates can be a very long time in coming. This is because I have four works of fanfiction that I am also working on, and sometimes Real Life just gets in the way, too. But I won't abandon these stories, even if it takes me months to update. Thanks for sticking with me:)
9/12/05: Ack, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated anything! I haven't abandoned "Prince" - the next chapter is about half-way done, but what with a truckload of schoolwork, new interests, and a new job, I'm completely bogged down. I'm still working at it whenever I can, though, so I hope to have it posted soon. Thanks very much for your patience and support! God bless!
1/12/05: Long time, no... er, type:) Sheesh, it's been ages since I've posted anything. I haven't been completely idle in all this time, but I haven't been as productive as I'd like, either. I've started a bunch of new original stories, but for the moment "The King's Challenge" marks the farthest I've ever gotten in an original fic at two and a half chapters (not counting the Prologue). So I have written out a list of my current original stories, mostly for my own benefit, but also to get your opinion as well. If a particular story/story idea sounds interesting to you, email or review and tell me! As always thanks so much for your support and kind reviews. I couldn't write without them:)
Unsafe External Link