Author has written 63 stories for Love, Life, School, Young Adult, Romance, General, Friendship, Haiku, Family, Essay, General, and War.
Hey, this is die Gruenfraeulein. As you may notice I have no problems being either frustratingly cryptic or embarrassingly explicit. I also have no problem titling my poems in languages other than English.
What I've written here can be divided into several categories:
1. Old poetry. This is stuff I wrote in 2005 when I was new to Fictionpress, and pertains to issues with which I am no longer dealing. 'The Turnaround,' 'Smile,' 'Straßenmäuler,' 'Night Water,' 'Porch Swing,' 'Four,' (probably the best of these) 'The Interlude,' 'Achtundsechszigsten Heusehrecke,' 'The Circle,' and 'The Truth of the Subterranean Maze' are all in this category.
2. Happy/confused 2006 poetry. There's some awesome stuff in here, and I still love it. 2006 was a great year, and most of what happened then still effects me at least a bit. Namely... 'Venus,' 'Month of Moments,' 'Redwood,' 'Meditation on The Shins' 'Turn a Square',' 'Eight Degree Midnight,' 'Fear Before Flight,' 'Step Into the Night,' 'People Are Bodies of Water,' (which might still be my best poem ever) 'Falling Earth, Burning Stars,' 'Sun Over Bricks,' 'Scattered Dandelion Fluff,' 'You Are a Polar Bear,' and 'The Grasshopper of 2006' are all in this category. 'Ich Kann Sehen Nicht' and 'Writing' were also written during this time, but are...different.
3. Writing pertaining to September 18th. September 18th, 2005 was the worst day of my life and I've written a lot about it, in the formats of Fiction, Creative non-fiction, and poetry (most of it isn't here). What is here is 'The Colours of September,' 'Tapferkeit,' 'The Bikini' (the best of these), and 'Statistically Speaking, You Misspoke.'
4. The Fiona Stories. These straddle the line between fiction and creative non-fiction and were written in 2006. 'Rebirth,' 'Monster 43,' and 'Film of Blame,' and the newest one (which is connected to the 2008 poetry), 'Swimming Past the Remainders.'
5. The Ithaca stories. Stories about my collection of fictional characters at Ithaca College, which I wrote during 2005 and 2006. 'Final Fight,' the multiple-part story 'First Semester,' and 'Ya Can't Refuse.'
6. Other stories. Stories not part of an ongoing series or related to an overarching theme. These are purely fiction rather than the Fiction/CNF hybrid in some other stories. 'The Dream Falls into My Lap,' 'The Hearse,' (my profile picture is representative of this story), 'The Compromise,' and 'Desire/Fear.'
7. 2007's poetry. 2007 was an odd year as some of the poems I wrote then were actually about the events of the past two years, while others were about 2007's own events. 2007 was when I began writing haikus every Wednesday, and some of them are in here. 'Perennial,' 'Haiku of the Puddles,' 'Swarthy Anxiety,' 'Lox Discovery,' 'Orders to a Barmaid,' 'Buried Recliner,' 'The Booth Song,' 'I Heard of Your Falling,' and 'Haiku of Beer Pong.'
8. 2008's poetry. Obviously there is more to come here...and some of what I already have written isn't even online yet. But what is here is 'Pathological Liar?,' 'Prior to Reading the Fish,' 'The Salesman Coming After Me,' 'The Legacy of Springfield, Ohio,' 'Mutual Intuition' and the poems pertaining to the time when my long-term boyfriend and I broke up for two weeks (we're back together now), 'Just Five Days,' 'Medina,' 'Cinco de Mayo de Ocho,' (probably the best) 'Do Not Resuscitate,' 'So, I Trust You Now,' 'Switzerland in the Basement,' 'Chasing the Remainders Away,' and 'April Technology.'