Author has written 3 stories for Romance, Horror, and Fantasy.
I like horror and supernatural and sci-fi mixed with a wee bit of romance. I like comedy to be in everything. I aspire to one day be something Joss Whedon would smile at.
My Thang, As It Were:
So, one of my favorite things when I get into a book is when I find an interview or a specific place where the author reveals the music they were listening to when they wrote a certain story. Thusly, do I present the following playlists. They may be a little weird, just because I listen to a pretty vast array of tunes, but, um...it builds character? Right now I only have one for my one-shot, since...that's the only one done. I technically have one for Hauntings&Metropolis, but I feel that some of the songs give away what I want to happen...as pretty much nothing has happened yet...buuuut maybe for chaptered stories I'll do multiples. I don't know. Whateva. I hope you enjoy!
You Came With The Key
(For anyone who was wondering where the title came from, it's a lyric in one of the songs I was listening to when I wrote it, Morrissey's You Have Killed Me. I thought it was appropriate, considering the metaphor about soul mates, and...well. Other relevant topics.)
1) Kill The Messenger - Jack's Mannequin
2) Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
3) I Like You - Morrissey
4) Romeo and Juliet (cover) - The Killers
5) Lover I Don't Have to Love - Bright Eyes
6) Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
7) Chemistry of a Car Crash - Shiny Toy Guns
8) Crown of Love - The Arcade Fire
9) The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
10) You Have Killed Me - Morrissey
11) Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Nancy Sinatra
12) 9 Crimes - Damien Rice
1) St. Teresa - Joan Osborne
2) All the Little Pieces - Louis XIV
3) Sprout and the Bean - Joanna Newsom
4) Green Eyes - Coldplay
5) Gold to Me - Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
6) Cold Cold Water - Mirah
7) I Wish My Baby Was Born - The Be Good Tanyas
Hauntings&Metropolis, VOL. I
1) Grey Ghost - Mike Doughty
2) Charlie - Colin Meloy
3) Protect Me From What I Want - Placebo
4) Ghost of a Good Thing - Dashboard Confessional
5) Signals Over the Air - Thursday
6) You're Lost, Little Girl - The Doors
I'm trundling back, abashedly late, into writing. I was working on this huge script project for a school thing, which...was what it was, but now I'm back! I'm gonna be trying to do some NaNoWriMo this year, but I've decided that I won't neglect my other stories just because. I'm gonna be writing crazed for all of November. Yeeeaah. So look for that? Word. Hope you enjoy the new chapter of Haunting&Metropolis. Rock it.