Author has written 26 stories for Family, War, General, Song, Fantasy, Life, Sci-Fi, Religion, Friendship, Humor, Nature, and Essay.
Quotes From The Doghouse (Favorite Quotes): Many people seem to have these sections, so I'm adding one of my own to my look-up. Though my collection is MUCH larger, I put only a few up here to prevent my look-up from getting too long.
In my opinion, you don't have to read every quote a person has. You only have to read those that inspire you. Hope you enjoy mine.
Courage does not always ROAR, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” ~Anonymous
I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. ~Maya Angelou
A wise king once told me, “We are one.” I didn’t understand him then, now I do… Them. Us. They are us. What differences do you see? ~Kiara, Lion King II, Simba’s Pride
Unless life is lived for others it is not worthwhile. ~Mother Teresa
Not all who wander are lost. ~J. R. R. Tolkien
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The play exists somewhere between the stage and the audience. ~William Shakespeare
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost: that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them… ~Henry David Thoreau
Today’s students can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains… If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude. ~Jesse Jackson
It doesn’t matter who you are now and what you’ve done in the past: the past is over. It’s what you hope to become.
We accept who we are by looking at the past; we change who we are by looking at the future.
Believe me. Sometimes when life looks to be at its grimmest, there’s a light hidden at the heart of things. ~Clive Barker, Abarat
Friends are angels who lift us when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing the imperfect person perfectly.
Having a book is like having a good friend with you… Sometimes I think books are the only friends worth having. ~Suzie (Bill Watterson), Calvin and Hobbes
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.
Top 10 Signs of a Book Addict: This was created by me and some of my friends because we feel that we are so hooked on books that it's almoast like being addicted to them. So, we created this little list of some of the crazy things that actually are true about us to let you see just how book-crazy you really are.
10. Your parents no longer come into the bookstore with you because of how often you go there.
9. You get so absorbed into books that you don’t notice other people and/or they don’t notice you.
8. Every member of the school/local library staff knows you by name and book preference.
7. People were surprised when they learned the book wasn’t actually attached to your face.
6. You know the distinct difference between “new-book smell” and “old-book smell” and have a preference between the two.
5. You yell at the book when something bad happens to the main, or your favorite, character.
4. You talk about book characters as if they actually existed.
3. You scream, cry, have a fit, throw a tantrum, or do any number of other things to get attention when you read a book and find out you don’t have the next one in the series.
2. Your room puts most libraries to shame.
1. A new book gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.