Author has written 1 story for Fantasy.
Hello, I am Computerfan.
I am 18 years old and from England, recently completed the second year of college, doing Aquatics Management. My hobbies include fishkeeping, playing the acoustic classical guitar, computer games and of course, writing stories/fan fictions. I've been writing for 10 years now, I've always been fairly good at spelling and grammar, so any mistakes you see are most likely a typo or simply me not re-reading.
I spend most of my time writing fan fictions, because I've always struggled to stick with writing something that's my idea. But I'm now attempting an actual novel, which is actually based on the plot of one of my fan fictions. Fantasy is the only genre I'm good at writing.
Rise of Mortalitas: A boy's own-made fantasy world, Otellus, soon becomes reality as events he writes about soon comes true. When a portal opens, linking the world of Otellus with Earth, Josh and his friends are thrown into the dangerous world of corruption, known for strange, magical animals called Praestia. These creatures are mastered by the legendary Praedux, each baring a special item which allows their souls to bond with those of the Praestia. The group must overcome several challenges to defy a sinister prophecy, all linked to the corrupt group Mortalitas, led by the traitor Xagraver, who will do everything in his power to ensure the group of friends are killed.
1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you've worked with and why.
Otellus. I've written a loooad of stuff in the past, but Otellus is the first I find... decently written. My second favourite would actually be an animal crossing fanfic I have on fanfiction.net called 'But what if they kill you too?'. But that's kinda dead at the moment. Anyway, Otellus is also my first serious attempt at a novel, so we'll see how that goes.
2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?
Josh, Laura, Lolly, Tom, Molly, Ryan, Anna, Shadow, Ethaniel, Estellia, Xagraver, Nelphen -- so far. I don't prefer males or females, I just add whoever suits. There's still a few more characters to introduce though
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you're writing about fictional places)?
Errrr... well, the first seven names above are based on real people. :L As for the rest... I dunno, I guess I just make up names that I like the sound of and seem to... fit them. I'm never going to invent a language, don't worry.
4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!
my first ever story was based on rollercoaster tycoon. I don't think I need to say any more. I think the character was called Peter... hey, i was 6 or 7.
5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about "youngest"?
Youngest would be Molly, oldest... Ethaniel. :L And if "youngest" means the way they act, that'd be Anna. Not that anyone knows that yet.
6. Where are you most comfortable writing? At what time of day? Computer or good ol' pen and paper?
Computer. Pen and paper for me = death of a story, cause I can never find the energy to type it up.
7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
I listen to music all the time, not just when writing. I've yet to actually find any inspiration from music, though.
8. What's your favourite genre to write? To read?
Fantasy all the way. Followed by mystery and adventure. But Otellus is kinda a mix of three, along with action and romance.
9. How do you get ideas for your characters? Describe the process of creating them.
I try to make every character different... although at the moment in Otellus characters like Ryan, Tom and Molly seem very dull. i cbb describing the process, shoot me.
10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!
well, two of my characters almost got eaten by a psychotic cannibal? you might see what i mean by that later on in otellus heheh. hmm, what else... oh, in my pokefic one of the characters tried putting make-up on a psyduck. it didnt work well.
11. Who is your favourite character to write? Least favourite?
shadowwwwwww. and... atm, tom ryan and molly just cause ive not had much chance to make them interesting yet.
12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of world building?
13. What's your favourite culture to write, fictional or not?
ive not really gone into the culture of otellus yet
14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?
I have a map in my head? Good luck extracting it.
15. Mid way question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!
JRR Tolkien, god damn it. he made an entire world, and a language, and he's just a genius omg.
16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how "far" are you willing to go in your writing?
Yes. It's not a main focus, but y'know. also it's a lot more awkward considering the characters are based on people I actually know, none of which will ever end up together haha.
17. Favourite protagonist and why!
errrm. probably Ryan, once he actually becomes important in the story.
18. Favourite antagonist and why!
He's not been introduced yet. But atm, Shadow of course.
19. Favourite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
Nelphen! D: he's just epic.
20. What are your favourite character interactions to write?
Atm, Shadow and Laura
21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?
No. well, maybe some of the praedux masters.
22. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story—from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?
er. A long time!
23. How willing are you to kill your characters if the plot so demands it? What's the most interesting way you've killed someone?
oh please, i never write any story without a death. I love writing deaths, especially if it's surprising.
24. Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.
25. Let's talk art! Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Pick one of your OCs and post your favourite picture of him!
i wish i could! puddle should. and i have no pictures of anyone. :C well, i do have an anime maker thingy but links don't work on here.
26. Along similar lines, do appearances play a big role in your stories? Tell us about them, or if not, how you go about designing your characters.
i wouldn't say the appearances are acutally.. important. i can hardly describe appearances anyway.
27. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there's nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.