Author has written 13 stories for Mystery, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Young Adult, Humor, and Sci-Fi.
Where to Find Me
My Fav Vids of the Moment
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
My name is Katie, and I enjoy writing. I might not be the best, but, when I can control my fervent impulse to get straight to the point, I believe that I can write pretty well. You may disagree with me--it's not like I'll get pissed because you have your own opinions.
First off, my penname. I'm sure many of you are completely confused by it. I would be rather surprised if you weren't (if that is the case with you, please tell me!). It's in Latin. It means, basically, what the hell?!.
A bit about myself--
You don't want to know every little thing about me, and, frankly, I don't particualry want to tell you. But, yes, my writing and speaking vocabulary are eerily similiar, much to the chagrin of my friends.
I hate stupid questions, even more so when someone asks because they weren't paying attention thirty seconds earlier.
I hate it when people automatcially conform to something. If you agree or disagree with something, I have no problem with that--as long as you can explain why. I am a Republican living in a Democrat-ruled state, and nothing pisses me off more than when someone says they wanted Barack Obama to win, but can't even name one of his policies.
I'll repect your opinions if you repect mine.
On that note, please, please, please, please, please give me constructive criticism. If I just get a review that reads "This is shit!", that doesn't help me improve the story. Also, if I get a comment screaming at me, asking why the hell I'm making them read my stories, or whatever insult is flung at me at the time, I will...hmm...Look, I'm horrible at coming up with threats. Plus, since I am unfortunately a noob, I do need time to gather my forces to fight back with a power that you have not dreamt even in your wildest dreams.
I swear. A lot. In a bunch of languages. Be prepared.
I have an uncurable tendency to digress...a lot. My thoughts jump all over the place, so be prepared. Real life e.g.--Why do they call them series finales and premieres? Why not the first and final episodes? I love the grand finale of fireworks..If you had to choose between a parade and fireworks, which one would you go to? I hate parades. My mother loves the Disney ones. I don't mind them, except you have to sit on a sidewalk 4 hours beforehand in order to see them. That's not worth waiting four hours for. Anything at AnimExpo is so worth the wait. I met two guys in line for the AMV contest, and we all played Professor Layton's Curious Village together...I want to play on my DS. Who has my Nintendogs? I haven't seen it in forever...Oh, I got a new puppy! He's a min pin named Harley, because he has the same color scheme as the motorcycle. Those things are too loud for me. My brother wants one...I hate most of the shows my brother loves...Except, we both love The West Wing...it had such a great cast...Allison Janey was in it...She was also in Finding Nemo, which I loved. I love Pixar movies in general, though...I think I'll go watch Toy Story...Oh, John Ratzenberger was in one of my dad's movies...I was in one of my dad's movies...I never want to do that again. Wait, what were we talking about?
I am a Nerdfighter. Hells yes.
I draw. Click on my website link to see the fruits of my labors.
I have this weird addiction to dashes. They will attach themselves wherever they can. I'm like Emily Dickinson with the way I use them!! (Not that I'm as good a writer as her)
I am incredbily shy, so, if you want to talk, you need to start it up a) because I probably won't know you to begin with and b) I'm terrible at meeting new people.
In fact, I have a deathly fear of standing before a large group of people. I blanche, I flush, I get dizzy, my knees knock, I sweat, and, in extreme cases, I lose the bottom half of my vision and fall (though, I did catch myself on the podium).
I can't write poetry to save my life. That being said, I have a poem or two I will inflict upon the readers here.
My favorite authors (in no particular order) are William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Edgar Allen Poe, Neil Gaiman, John Green (nerdfighters FTW!!), and, as cliched as I am, I do love everything Stephenie Meyer has written so far (I do admit that she is not on the same level as the first three mentioned--nowhere near).
I love anime. My style of drawing is incredibly influenced by it (obviously). I go to a convention every year (AnimExpo) where fans like myself go around, dress up (yay! I'm dressing up this year too! I'm going to be Nekozawa and my friend is going to be Bereznoff!!), and dork it up! XD I love it!!
I love Pixar movies. They never get old, and you can never be too old to love them.
I love country music. Get over it. I love Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Rascal Flatts, the Wreckers, Lady Antebellum, Gloriana, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Little Big Town, Sugarland, and a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.
I hate Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, and basically anything that was manufactured by Disney that is popular with high school freshmen.
I hate high school freshmen (I'm a junior). That being said, I don't know any that aren't in my high school, but I hate my high school's freshies, because they're all assholes...except for...two. Out of 150. They act like they own the school, and are horrible to everyone. So, the juniors especially hate the freshies. So do a lot of teachers, actually...yay for entire study periods spent bashing the freshies!! If you're a freshman, you'll understand when you're a sophomore.
I like black. I'm not goth or emo (though, I do listen to MCR...O_o)--I just love the color. I wear it all the time.
I don't like wearing anything too revealing. I know, shocking since I live in the capital of the movie industry. But, I just don't. I feel like I don't have the body or face or whatever to pull it off, and I don't like dressing like a whore in general.
I love Joss Whedon!! Especially Buffy the Vampire Slayer, though I do love Angel, Firefly, Serenity, and even Dollhouse. I am a die-hard Buffy/Angel fan. I also love Wesley/Fred, Rayne, Oz/Willow (because I really did not like Willow once she turned gay), Xander/Anya...and I hate Riley.
I watch a bit too much TV. I watch Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Ghost Whisperer, BONES, Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone , The Office (the American version), Blackadder, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and...I'm missing something...
I love British comedy. Or, at least Monty Python and Blackadder. Especially the latter's Christmas special! I was laughing so hard, I was crying.
I love American history. Particulary the Revolutionary War and the events leading up to it. I eve love studying the Civil War, but the American Revolution will always be my favorite. I carry a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution around at all times.
My goal is to be a book editor, live in Ireland, live in England, visit Japan, and maybe, one day, get something published.
I talk to myself. A lot. More than is considered healthy.
If you want to know my favorite pairings for anything I've mentioned above, please send me a PM--I would love to talk to any fans.
My stories--Updated 11/14/10
Shards of Glass
I Fought the Law
In My Wildest Nightmares
Best Line I've Ever Heard
Shattered -- This one is actually going to be published!! O_O
In Progress (Yes, both of these are still being worked on, I promise!!)
Guardian Angel (Working Title)
Obscura (Working Title)
To Be Posted
Untitled Panda Story
1) People who say nothing is impossible obviously haven't tried slamming a revolving door.
--Stolen from TheSpoiltOne's siggy
2) You can lead a man to Congress, but you can’t make him think
--Stolen from's siggy
3) Sophie: They say the best burn brightest when circumstances are at their worst.
Calcifer: Yeah, but no one really believes that.
--Howl's Moving Castle
4) We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police
--Stolen from's siggy
5) If I start to make sense, then you're probably reading it wrong.
6) Shit, there’s churro in my eye! Fucking whore...!!
--Me at Diseyland, when Raisa spilled her churro...in my eye
7) I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world
8) They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
9) Who ever said that words never hurt obviously has never got hit by a dictionary.
10) There's nothing wrong with talking to random objects, it’s when they start to talk back that you need to worry.
11) They say "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well I think the guns help. If you stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people
12) There are three kinds of people in the world; ones that can count and ones that can't count.
13) All the good ones are either gay, married, or fictional characters in books or movies.
14) You say I'm not cool. But cool is another word for cold. If I'm not cold, I'm hot. I know I'm hot. Thanks for embracing it.
15) Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is Optional
16) You can't make somebody love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope for the best!
17) One day we will look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject
18) It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
19) I'm not asleep… but that doesn't mean I'm awake
20) If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune
21) If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters.
--Author unknown, but attributed to Jim Davis
22) Tyler Martin: I’ve got one thing to say: Hello Cleveland!
Chuck Bartowski: It’s Burbank.
Tyler Martin: Right. I’m dyslexic.
23) CJ: We are not releasing any information about the suspect at this time.
Random Reporter: CJ? Can you tell us anything? His name, address, ethnicity, or do you suspect a motive?
CJ: Yes, I can, because when I said that we weren't releasing any information, I meant except his name, address, ethnicity and motive.
--The West Wing
24) We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking to the stars
25) I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
--Edgar Allen Poe
26) Now you see, Lone Starr, that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
--Dark Helmet from Spaceballs
27) I'm placing you under arrest for murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and, I don't know, maybe littering
--The title character of Skulduggery Pleasant
28) Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, protects you from age
29) I'd rather make a show 100 people need to see, than a show that 1000 people want to see.
30) We are all failures – at least, the best of us are
31) A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him
32) Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious
33) I don’t think you understand how serious this operation is! You will not have a brain when it’s over!
--Kevin Kline in Soapdish
34) I draw the line at thistles
--Eli from Ghost Whisperer
35) Always be yourself. Unless you suck.
36) I write for the same reason I breathe—because if I didn't, I would die.
37) Courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
38) Give me anime or give me death!
39) Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
--General George S. Patton
40) Long is the way, and hard, that out of suffering leads up to the light.
41) Nōn potes spīrare sī vīvus es. (You cannot breath if you are living.)
--Magister Viator (it's an inside joke...)
42) Give a man a fish, and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he’ll wear a stupid hat and never come home.
43) If there is no laughter in heaven, then I do not want to go there.
44) The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
45) I’ve noticed that very few people are scary once they’ve been poked in the eye.
--Dr. Temperance Brennan from BONES
46) No one is born into this world knowing their reason for living…they have to find it.
47) If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find some who’s life has given them vodka, and have a party!!
48) Amor vincit omnia (Love conquers all)
49) Comedy is tragedy plus time.
50) Imagination is more important than knowledge
Europe Trip Quotes
51) Molly: Did you hear that??
Katie: Hear what??
Molly: That beeping noise.
Linnea: Oh, sorry that was my watch.
Molly: How did you not hear that?
Katie: It's 3 AM--I was concentrating on sleep.
Danielle: I was daydreaming...at night.
Katie: Then you were nightdreaming.
Danielle: What?! Wouldn't that just be regular dreaming?
Linnea: Regular dreaming is when you're asleep, day dreaming is when you're awake and dreaming during the day. So, when you're daydreaming at night, you're nightdreaming!
Molly: (has apparently fallen asleep at some point, but just shot up in her bed) I just had a nightdream about a camel, and he was sitting under a bench. Then, he nose dived into a lake!!
--Katie, Molly, Linnea, and Danielle in our London hotel room
52) I am the shadow!!
53) Let's have a conest to see who can hawk the best loogie!!
54) (sounds of something hitting the floor repeatedly)
Linnea: Danny? What are you doing?
Danielle: There's shiny stuff on the floor!!
--Again, it was three AM
Chainy Sort of Things
98 percent of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2 percent who hasn't, copy & paste this in your profile.
Ninety-five percent of the kids out there are concerned with being popular and fitting in. If you're part of the five percent who aren't, copy this, put it in your profile.
If you've ever copied and pasted something onto your profile, copy and paste this onto your profile. lol
If you have ever tripped where there is a WATCH YOUR STEP SIGN, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room, add this to your profile.
If you've ever lost someone you loved, copy and paste this onto your profile.
If you ever read past two in the morning, copy and paste this to your profile.
If you read people's profiles looking for things to copy and paste into your profile, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever pushed on a door that said pull or the vise versa copy this into your profile.
If you think being unique is cooler than being cool, copy and paste this to your profile.
If you have ever run into a door, copy this into your profile
If you have ever tripped over your own feet, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you are obsessed with Twilight fanfiction copy this into your profile.
If you have ever started humming a song that you have absolutely no idea what it is put this on your profile.
If you have ever been so obsessed with something that now everyone is scared of you because of its effects…copy this into your profile.
If you hear voices of the characters in your head…copy and paste this on your profile.
If you easily finish one novel a day, copy this onto your profile.
If you love rain, copy and paste this into your profile.
A large percent of writers don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". If you're one of the ones who does know and wants to slug them, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever spent too much money at Barnes and Noble, put this in your profile.
If you have ever had done something or said something that made perfect sense to your real friends and only caused your "peers" to look at you strangely and roll their eyes, copy and paste this into your profile.
If someone has ever said something to you that had nothing to do with your current conversation, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have ever zoned out for more than five consecutive minutes, copy this into your profile.
If you are aware that so many people nowadays pretend to be someone they're not, copy this on your profile.
If you read in bed until past 3 in the morning, put this on your profile.
99.5 percent of teenagers and kids have a myspace and are literally addicted, if you are the 0.5 who thinks myspace is a dumb way to make friends, relationsips, etc., post this onto your profile.
If you have ever forgotten what you were going to say, right before you say it, copy this into your profile.
If you think the human identification thing when you log in to fan fiction is annoying, copy and past this into your profile.
If you've ever talked to yourself, copy and paste this into your profile.
If several inanimate objects just seem to hate you (cough-gravity-cough!) copy and paste this to your profile.
If you have ever seen a movie or read a book so many times that you can quote it word for word, and do so at random moments, copy and past this to your profile.
If you've ever left one room to get something from another room, then once you were in the other room, forgot what you were trying to get, copy and paste this in your profile.
If you've ever wondered what you are like in another dimension, copy and paste this in your profile.
If you like singing songs at random points in the day, copy this into your profile.
If, for no warning, you have laughed during a movie part that wasn't funny, put this in your profile.
If you think that being unique is cooler than being cool, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you are always the last picked in gym class, and if you don't care, please copy and paste this into your profile.
If you often laugh maniacally when you're all by yourself, please copy and paste this into your profile.
If you often laugh maniacally around many people, please copy and paste this into your profile.
If you talk to yourself and aren't afraid to admit it to anyone, copy and paste this in your profile.
If your profile is ridiculously long, copy and paste this into your profile to make it even longer.
That's all I really have to say...
I can't believe you're still reading...
I commend you!!
Unsafe External Link