Author has written 3 stories for Romance, and War.
Wednesday October 13th
Hey everyone. You may have already noticed and or you may not have, but that's cool too, that I'm starting somewhat afresh. I have removed a few old pieces and done-up the profile a bit (it really needed it, aye?) in something of an attempt to be a bit more organised etc. This is not the end of matt, however. I may ('may' being the key word) be starting something new, but don't expect anything any time soon. It may or may not (insert wink face here) be something that I hope to work on gradually for a while, until such a time that i wish to share it.
Also, just as a side note, I do have a profile and a few (ha, more like 1... shame on me) works over at Fanfiction.net. Check me and my ever-cool co-writer emma out under matt.emma (yeah, I know, real original right)
10 things you should know about me (because, unlike before, I finally have enough for it)
1. My name is Matt (though I'm pretty sure you got that one by now).
2. I currently find myself located in Australia, which is pretty cool, if you like lots of sand in your shoes and snakes in your living room...
3. If anything, I'm a Pastafarian (Google it).
4. I'm young (and hopefully not naive), but I tend to think that talent has nothing to with age, and that goes for most things/people.
5. I honestly don't know how long I've been writing, but like the saying goes, it's quality, not quantity, that really matters.
6. I think I'm a decent enough writer, even if I don't get a lot of it done.
7. I'm a bit of a horrible updater. Shame on me. I am however trying to improve that, so fingers crossed aye?
8. I am a male, incase you didn't get that with the name...
9. I love to help other writers with their work, it gives me a chance to critique and also to help whatever self-critiquing skills i do have, so don't be afraid to drop me a line for some help.
10. I really appreciate it when people take the time to read my stuff, even more so when they review (hint hint), cause it really gives a boost to the old ego (which is actually probably the last thing i need, ha ha)
Some things you should know about my work etc.
1. As mentioned above, not a lot is going on at the moment, but like I said, there are some possibilities lurking around, so keep an eye out.
2. ... well thats actually pretty much it.
NABAQ's (Never Actually Been Asked Questions (cause I'm trying to be honest))
Matt, what kind of fiction do you like to read on the site?
Honestly, I'll usually take anything that's a good read, be it Action, Fantasy, Romance...
Does that mean you'll read ANYTHING? What about M rated, slash etc.?
I confess, I am a bit of a naughty boy and I do read M rated. It does, however, depend on the content though, as stupid as that sounds. Most M rated's are usually rated that because of sex or violence or excessive language etc., which I am ok with most of the time, but I'm not saying I read things just because they're gory or racy. I read things because they have good plot etc. and are actually a good read, regardless of rating, because stories don't have to have massive bloodshed or extreme sex scenes to be good stories. As far as slash/religious views/all that kind of stuff? I don't really care. Not that I won't give them the time of day, but that they don't really matter to me in that everyone has different views on things, and no one will every agree on what's right and wrong. Am I going to immediately close a story because the characters are devout to a different god than me or because they may have same-sex partners? No, not if it's a good story. That's all that really matters to me in a story.
What do you think about so-called 'flamers'?
Honestly, it's a bit pathetic. If you're not going to be nice, be constructive, and if you're not going to be constructive, then why bother. You're really just wasting you own time.
Do you have any moderately inspiration words for your fellow writers?
I hope so: If you want to write, then write until you can barely move your hands. Writing is creating beauty with words. If you love it, don't let anything hold you back.
Unsafe External Link