Author has written 20 stories for Fantasy, General, Essay, Romance, and General.
I'm Ven. Aspiring writer. Attempted journalism. Pound Head on Desk.
Contributing writer in Wake the Artifacts.
Notes on my writing: Not too fond of love triangles. I'm also a big fan of slow burn romance, so the majority (currently all) of stories I've written don't have main relationships starting right off the bat. Last note, the most recent stories that I've written all take place in the same universe. That said, they are all standalone pieces with a couple of cameos.
What's my favorite piece that I've written? Serious (as a concussion). Hands down. I Thought You Were Fool's Gold is a close one though.
Catch me on Tumblr (I'm at Ventracere) for updates on progress or insight into what I use for inspiration!
Sidelined Series:These are extremely loosely tied together and can be considered standalone pieces. Main characters will not make a reappearance. [Finished]
- Behind the Field:Kyle Leweski's job is everything, his dream, his life. He is in the major leagues, all he wants to do is stay focused, and do the best he can to get his team to the World Series. Erin Sun is quiet and clammed up, kind of flighty, a little clueless, and someone that he doesn't expect to come along for the ride. [Complete]
- Across the Ice: Riley Fortin doesn't ask for his right winger and close friend to be traded, or for the new winger sulking over the inexplicable trade when the NHL season begins. To top it off, Grace Song, a college student with selfless dreams, may possibly think he is an arrogant halfwit. Well, he'll coax her into working with him anyways. [Complete]
- Serious (As a Concussion): Scott and Kelsey were close. Past tense. He isn't sure what exactly happened, but after hiding a concussion to continue playing he finds himself waking up in a hospital with nothing to do but a story to retell. And hopefully, Scott can find what went wrong. [Complete]
- Snapshot: Jason Makkie isn't like his older brother. He's no athlete and can't carry an easy conversation with most people. It's one of the reasons he likes cameras and photographs. It's a quiet solitude. Aatos Beaulieu is the exact opposite of a quiet solitude. Blackwood's hockey star with a laugh to match, Beaulieu tends to shoot expectations out of the water. Including snapshots (Slash). [Complete]
Blinding Lights Series These are placed in the same universe, but can be considered standalone pieces.
- I Thought You Were Fool's Gold: Chase considers himself pretty ordinary. He works a 9-5 barista job at Borders and sings at Friday Open Mic Nights. The last thing he expects is a world famous If It Storms band member to pull him into the music industry. The backstage side of the music industry isn't as glamorous as it seems, especially with a particular songwriter who complicates every step. (Slash) [Complete]
- Forget The World One Last Time:
It’s hard to forget a face she has tried to let go, but never could. And now Easton has to learn how to do so as he slips through her fingers and her heart one final time. [Complete]