Author has written 4 stories for Young Adult, and Romance.
Hello! N.M. Poynter here, N.M. works just fine. Married mommy of two kitties - Rusty (20 lb. Maine Coon) and Yoda (all black, whiskers included). I'm an avid reader, and I've been writing since elementary school. I tend to get bored in the middle of writing something, and I've had many stories end up in the recycle bin, only to later wish that I hadn't been so rash in cleaning out my portfolio. Like everyone else, I love reviews, but I also appreciate "unknown stalkers" who loyally follow but never review, as I sometimes turn into one myself. Some notes about my reading and writing tastes:
- Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi
- Enjoy proof-reading/beta-reading. I try to be fair, but I also tell it like it is.
- Rotating viewpoints irritate me (i.e. Chap. 1 = Character A, 2 = B, 3 = C, 4 = B, 5 = A and C... you get the idea)
- Can't stand vampire/werewolf/sorcerer/witch stories. Never read Twilight or Harry Potter; never will.
- Not a big "cliche young adult romance fan." Sorry, but real life doesn't work that way.
One more note: IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, DON'T WRITE IT! I say this to writers who feel that they can tackle difficult issues such as rape, drug abuse, etc. when they (a) are 12 years old and have no life experience, or (b) wing it and don't bother doing any research, so the characters' thoughts/feelings/reactions are completely unrealistic.