Author has written 4 stories for Fantasy, Fantasy, General, and Horror.
I am CelticSwordswoman, or you can call me Katherine. I love writing/reading. I also have an account on FanFiction, here.
Least Favorite Colors: ANYTHING REALLY BRIGHT!
I am wearing all black right now, don't know why I just prefer it that way, never really liked bright colors.
I am NOT a rich, refined snob.
If the following occurs to you a lot, then you just might be a writer!
2. Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off. (Well, this is a brand new laptop. But, on my old computer, backspace was pretty much gone...)
3. You would rather write than go out. (Totally. Crowds give me a headache, anyway.)
4. Your/you're and their/there/they're are errors that send you into an apoplectic fit. (GET IT RIGHT, SIR!)
5. You get cranky if you don't get to write. (Oh, yeah. XD)
6. You've ever said, "The voices are getting louder; I must go write." (Not in those specific words, but... in a way, yeah XD)
7. When talking to others, you mentally edit their dialogue and compose tags and beats. (Even to people in movies, books, or myself.)
8. You've heard/seen something, and thought, I need to write that down. (More often than most, I think.)
9. You've ever written a scene, synopsis, outline, or character sketch on a restaurant napkin... and it wasn't a paper napkin. (...That one I've never done, I prefer paper. Little strands of cloth like sticking to the pen's ink, and it drives me nuts.)
10. You wake up in the middle of the night and scrabble for a pen and paper you keep next to your bed to write down a scene to make the voices be quiet so you can get some sleep. (Sleep? I never sleep, there's too much going on in my mind!)
11. You end an argument by saying, "Oh, wait, I have to write this down-this is the perfect conflict for my characters! Now, repeat what you just yelled." (Study from reality to get the best reality - what I always say.)
12. Getting the scene finished is more important than coffee, the bathroom, or food. (If I have a ready-made snack next to me in case I get hungry while writing, more often than not it gets stale/cold/old before I can eat it all XD)
13. You have a momentary reality lapse and mention your characters' situation as a prayer in Sunday school. (Never been done by me. Wish it had, though, he needs all the help he can get, currently.)
14. A blank wall becomes the screen where the scene you're writing takes place right in front of your eyes. (Actually, it's usually just whatever I'm staring at in the first place. People, place, or thing, cannot be determined.)
15. The easiest way for you to deal with conflict is to go home and write it in your story. (Hold on a minute, let me go write that down and I'll think of a comeback. Thank you!)
16. You purposely eavesdrop in public. (I do that anyways, whether it has anything to do with writing or not.)
17. You can't write because you're mad at one of your characters. (He won't cooperate with me! He keeps making me make him do something that he would never do! Then I have to erase a witty conversation because he's so timid and wouldn't say that! Goddamn you!)
18. You argue with said character. ("Do you want to exist, or not? It will only take three buttons to erase you from existence forever, y'know!" That is actually something I have said in the middle of writing XD)
19. You drive three hours to a city where you don't know anyone, spend another three hours driving around the city, then drive three hours home and decide NOT to set your story there. (On occasion, yes. Except I walk, since I'm not old enough to drive.)
20. You have a folder on your computer labeled "Ideas." Some of the files within this folder have only one or two words or sentences and while they made perfect sense years ago, between the software changes in that period of time garbling half the words and your own faulty memory, you have no idea what it means or where you're going with it. But you keep it anyway because you never know, you might remember it eventually. (I have one titled "LT2", and the only words it contains are "lt2"... I've long since forgotten what it stood for XD)
21. You start to laugh out loud in public at what something your character might say. (All the time. All the time...)
22. At school, you secretly look forward to writing English papers. (We don't have those in homeschool. At least not in my house.)
23. When you talk to someone, you constantly correct their bad grammar.(I have one friend who can not. say. a. thing. correctly.)
24. Even though you try your hardest to resist, you often correct your own grammar on IM. (Often.)
25. You talk to yourself constantly. (All while pacing around the room.)
26. You talk to yourself about talking to yourself too much. (Kat, can you stop using third-person? It will drive a lot of people crazy! But Kat likes using third-person!)
27. Your friends/family have come to ignore your habit of talking to yourself. (I do it every day. Once I actually didn't, and my dad questioned if I was alright.
28. You've apologized out loud to a character after doing something horrible to them. (Well, I just had a demon reach literally into his chest and mind-control him by holding his heart while he was chained up in a dungeon, I think he'd expect some sympathy over that!)
29. You have the odd habit of sending very well thought out, creative text messages while messaging a friend. (I do that anyway.)
That's all you need to know about me! I think. Any questions, or if you just wanna be friends, PM me.