Author has written 4 stories for Fantasy, and General.
In the last few years, my time and talent for writing has taken some serious hits. I'm hoping to change that.
21/British/Studying Japanese at university
- One completed manuscript undergoing a redraft (fantasy/humour; 120,000 words) Drabble spin-offs are included on here.
- One half-finished manuscript (mystery/romance/tragedy; 55,000 words)
- One manuscript I've made a dent in and is by far my favourite (dystopian sci-fi; 11,000 words)
- Fanfiction account: Kitty Kat K.O.
My Recommended Reads:
- Grotesque, Kirino Natsuo [Addictive, intriguing, dark. For anyone interested in the recent Japan, the psyche or Japanese feminism, this book is a must. Disturbing yet enthralling, I found myself barely able to put it down as it drew me deeper and deeper into the black hearts of the characters, their situations and their reasons why.]
- 1Q84, Murakami Haruki [A trilogy with much critical debate that I truly believe is Murakami's finest work to date. The strange, confusing-yet-simple nature of the plot, the small hints of magic and mysticism and the alluring prose that makes you question what actually happened in the last fifty pages combine to embody the Murakami's classic style.]
- The Samurai's Daughter, Lesley Downer [A historical tale set towards the end of Japan's Civil War Period in the mid-to-late 19th Century with a fictional romantic twist. Downer, a British academic specialising in Japanese history, has researched everything down to the tiniest detail in order to convey a factually accurate narrative that not only entertains the reader, but transports them to a pre-modern Japan that has captivated the West for decades. Downer also has two other books that detail the beginning and midst of the war, which I would also recommend reading.]
JC Kitty xoxo